Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I'm BAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK

OMG, like, have you totally missed me? 


It's been a long year an a half without these blog posts, but somehow we've made it through.


Good news y'all: I'm running the Chicago Marathon on October 7, 2012! It will just be the best birthday present to myself, and how appropriate that I'll be running 26.2 miles the day before I turn the big 2-6?


I know you're probably asking yourself "But Lindsay, Chicago is in Illinois and you live in New York. Why would you want to run a marathon there?"


Well, inquisitive reader, thank you for asking! I have unfortunately never been to the great city of Chicago, but everyone I know who has been there tells me I will love it. What better way to see a city than to run like a madwoman through it? It'll be a great distraction from all of those miles. 


I have vowed to myself that I will update this thing more than once a month, which I'm hoping will also encourage me to get my butt in gear because I haven't been the most, uh, consistent with my running habits. So I need YOU to keep me motivated. No pressure. 


Also, I've promised myself (barring any injuries during the race) that I will run this race under 5 hours, but I'm more so shooting for a time around 4:30. My pace for normal runs has been really great (for me) lately- around a 9:30 mile, so if I keep that up it's definitely doable. 


Having one marathon under my belt is really helpful because I know what I need to do to train properly this time, and also won't be as nervous, which I think will assist me in my goal to get my time down more than an hour from my time in the NYC Marathon.  


In other good news, I will be running with the American Cancer Society again! Stay tuned for deets. 


Ok well this has been fun, but I'm sleepy, so I'm going to leave you with this map of the Chicago course. But fear not blog-mates, I'll be back soon, I promise. 


Enjoy! LOTS OF MILES





No comments:

Post a Comment